Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why are you going to work?

We're living in an age where people are actually trying to find a career that they love and not just a job for paying the bills. I grew up under the wings of an era that firmly believed that the purpose of a job was to provide for your living. I now live in an era where the purpose of your work is to bring you some kind of fulfillment...... AND cover the bills. 
The reasons that drive people to work have changed over the years, and while a very common factor has and will always be the "dinero", there are many other reasons people get out of bed to go to work. 


Here are some of the reasons I've heard people give for "getting out of bed on a Monday morning to go to work". What would you have answerd 30 years ago? 15 years ago? how about 5 years ago? What's your answer now?


10. It beats being at home with a nagging mother, wife, child, father, brother or sister....


9. I live alone and I like the company of people around me.


8. You get a lot of free things at work that you don't even realize ..... stationary, bottled water, snacks......


7. I get to sit in air condition all day - it beats being at home sitting in front of a fan. 


6. I'm getting paid so I need to go.


5. I'm putting my degree to good use.


4. I need this salary if I want to buy a house. 


3. I want to make a difference in my country. 


2. I'm going to save my company lots of money by the end of this project. 


1. I want to prove that I'm worth them hiring me. 




What are your reasons for going to work? 



No comments: